Is it Easy to Clean the Rust Stain From the Garments?
Are you suffering from the rust problem? Removing rust or rust strains from the apparels, garments, tools, carpet, cookware, or even your driveway is a household problem. Read this article and it will definitely help you to remove your stress regarding rust problem.
What is Rust Stains?
Rust is a red orange colored chemicals which will be produced when corrosion occur. The iron will corrode in presence of water and oxygen. When the metal gets rusted the rust will come out from the surface thus making the corrosion easier. When this rust rub off the fabrics then it form rust stains. If it is not removed immediately then it can be really painful for removing the stains.
Rust Stain Removal for Clothing
For rust treatment in your clothes firstly, you need to follow the instruction of the fabric care placed in the inner part of the cloth. Based on the instruction you have to work on it. If you are still thinking how to handle the cloth then it’s always better that you bring the cloth to the laundry. You can also do another thing: Follow the following process in some unnoticeable area to test for damage or color fading.
1. Making a proper padding with paper towels in the rust stained area
2. Apply the lemon juice directly in the rust stained area.
3. Now you have to hang the clothing in the direct sunlight to get dried. You will put the cloth in direct sunlight or not will depend on the fabric or the instruction given on the cloth. The main purpose is to dry up the juice in the affected area.
4. Then wash it normally.
5. If you find the rust still persist then repeat the process several times.
6. Sometimes if the rust stain is tough then it will be very painful to remove. Now you need to boil the cloth in a solution. The solution is of water and tartar. This will definitely help in rust removal. Once the rust is removed then wash the affected area normally.
7. Another way to remove the tough rust stain is the use of detergent. This detergent should contain oxalic acid. You should be very careful before using it as this product contains harmful chemicals which can damage your cloth and also remember to keep these products away from children.
Some tips to make the Carpet rust stain free?
1. First of all clean the rust from the affected area.
2. Apply the lemon juice in that area. And let it there as it is still it dry up.
3. Then use the white towel to blot the rust stains to remove the rust and lemon juice as much as possible.
4. Then clean it normally.
Rust removal from the cloth and carpet is almost similar.
How to remove rust stain from Cookware and Tools
1. Place the object to be cleaned in the large pot or a container where the substance can be submerged properly.
2. Apply a mixture. In this mixture you should use either water and lemon juice or water and vinegar. The concentration of the mixture will depend of the toughness of the rust stain. Leave this mixture for 6- 12 hours
3. If required scrub the affected rusted area. Steel wool or abrasive pad is very helpful in scrubbing. Try to avoid this scrubbing.
4. Then wash it with water.